- About the Author
- Photo Galleries
- Interviews & Profiles
- Restaurant Reviews
- Revelstoke Current, "Blanket Creek campers rocked by explosions"
- Revelstoke Current, "Roller Derby's Coming to Town"
- Movie Review, "Armored"
- Movie Review, "Undead"
- Album Review, Dethklok, "The Dethalbum"
- Album Review, Meat Loaf, "Hang Cool, Teddy Bear"
- Album Review, Rob Zombie, "Hellbilly Deluxe 2"
- Album Review, White Zombie, "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie"
- Every Man a King, Part 1: Sweat and Amtrak
- Part 2: On Getting Shot in the Face
- Part 3: Back Home When Someone Kills You
- The Road to Olympia, Part 1: Get on the Boat, Son
- Part 2: Radio Nowhere
- Part 3: By the Side of the Road
- Part 4: Cthulhu and the Dirty Shame
- Part 5: Like a Bat Out of Hell
- Part 6: Love Me, I'm a Liberal
- Riptide, Body Condoms, and the Jealous Sea
- All the World is Green. Also, Flamethrowers
Friday, November 4, 2011
This isn't a review, it's a public service announcement. The Fresko Cafe at 642 Yates Street, between Douglas & Broad, formerly the site of Great Cannon Pizza and several other unspeakably bad pizzerias, is offering a $3.99 ham, eggs, hashbrown & coffee breakfast special. You read that right - $3.99 for a greasy spoon breakfast in the heart of the Garden City.
The Fresko is a small, low-budget affair but the food is perfectly serviceable and the menu extends beyond breakfast with hamburgers, omelettes ($5.99) and donairs, to name a few. They're open until 3am on both Friday & Saturday night although you're not going to get late-night breakfast unless it's a slow night.
Check it out before it's gone. Not that the special is a limited time offer but rather it's likely to soon be replaced by a condo, ladies-wear boutique or maybe a timeshare made out of fair-trade coffee beans.