|Revelstoke, B.C., Canada, photo courtesy of Sami Lingren|
Since April 2012 I've been researching paranormal stories from my hometown of Revelstoke, B.C. with an eye toward publishing them as a book. These stories range from simple ghost stories to eyewitness accounts of unusual lights in the sky to strange combinations of the two which defy conventional explanations of both.
Just as they did last year, the Revelstoke Current will be running one of my stories a week, beginning today, in the lead-up to Halloween.
My first draft of the manuscript was completed in October 2013 and submitted to a number of publishers. Llewellyn Worldwide, a Minnesota-based publisher of all all things paranormal, has expressed interest but requires the manuscript to be longer and so I am now back knocking on doors. In fact, I will be in the Revelstoke area in the second week of October and if you have any experiences you would like to share, please feel free to contact me at the below email address.
The index below is not a complete listing of the stories which will appear in the final version, but represent a sampling of what to expect.
Thanks for reading and should you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at bren(at)largelythetruth(dot)com
- The Court House Square
- The Girl in the Window
- Voices in the Dark
- The House on the Bank
- Ghosts of the Revelstoke Hospital
- Her Number One Fan
- The Jealous Spirit of Main Street Cafe
- As Far Back as I Can Remember...It Was Haunted
- The Legends of Mount Begbie
- The Orange Triangle
- "We Figured It Was Just a Trick With the Trees"
- "Two Days Later We Heard Jets"
- The Military Angle
- The Pass
- Strange Tales of the Arrow Lakes
- Fear on the South Road
- Just Around the Bend
- 'Strange Object Seen in South Heavens'
- The Light on the Lake
- Shadow People and "Gremlins"
- The Girl on Highway 23
- The Ghost of Henry Colbeck
- The Man in the Window
- "There Was This Horrendous Crash"
- The Man in the Field
- Eyes in the Fog
- The Graveyard Next Door
- "There Were Voices...but There Was Nothing There"
- "He's Looking at Me...He Looks Really Mad"
- "Something Was Not Right"
- "There Was a Rage in There"
- The Haunting of Holten House